Fit Over (Including Electrochromic Self-Dimming)
The mirror glass is encased or bonded to the inner backing plate which is mounted inside the mirror head.
NOTE: For electrochromic mirror fit-over replacements, the self-dimming feature of the original mirror is eliminated, but its heat feature remains functional.
- The broken mirror is to remain in the backing plate, but loose pieces should be removed.
- Dry fit (test fit) replacement mirror in opening to check proper fit.
- Carefully clean broken mirror surface with Burco Window Glo® or other urethane-safe glass cleaner.
- Apply Burco Redi Stick™ adhesive patches to the back of the replacement mirror and place over the existing broken mirror. If using a silicone or urethane apply directly to broken mirror surface and clamp assembly until cured.
- Clean the installed Redi Cuts® mirror with Burco Window Glo® or other urethane-safe glass cleaner.